SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#274763 - 11/01/09 03:16 PM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
All things aside...It is up to Jose to choose what he likes...my suggestion is to go play 'both' extensively. And not with headphnes...with high quality studio monitors (that's why they use them for mixing dowm to CD)

Just be sure to turn master EQ ON on the PA2...don't know about Audya, but maybe there is someting there to do as well? If your going back to the store...and need step by step on how to turn on master EQ, let me know and I'll get you directions.

Quite honesty when I went to audition the PA2 at Sweetwater (1 full day) I used headphones and was a little concerned about the sound quality of the voices...BUT when I got that baby home and plugged it to my Mackie HR824's and turned master EQ on and tweeked it a little WOW...what a sound.

The PA2 is not perfect, but I really enjoy mine.

Lee S.

#274764 - 11/01/09 05:24 PM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
zuki Offline

Just buy what sounds best to YOU. No one on this forum will ever universally agree on what board is the best, so you might as well use your fingers to practice, rather than to type.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#274765 - 11/01/09 09:24 PM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If a pair of Mackie HR824's make your arranger sound MUCH better than your headphones, I'd go and spend some decent money on some GOOD headphones!

Yes, it ought to sound a BIT better in a room, but if the sound balance changes drastically, it means your headphones suck!

I'm kind of enjoying all this banter, but, I'm afraid to say, on the whole, I don't think I have EVER heard a user demo on this forum that couldn't fairly easily be duplicated by ANY of the TOTL arrangers, with the possible exception of the audio styles from Ketron. They are all powerful enough that, if you had the talent and the time, whatever you DO have ought to be able to sound virtually as good. Korg have some great pads. So does Roland, so does Yamaha. Roland have some great pianos. So does Ketron, so does Korg, so does Yamaha. There are certainly DEGREES of 'best' in each sound category, but nothing, AFAIK, dominates across the board.

Put me on a desert island with any TOTL arranger you choose, I guarantee I'll be happy enough to use it indefinitely (Does that make ME an arranger 'god'? )

There is such a small difference between them all, we end up basically arguing about angels dancing on the head of a pin. We each have our own preferences, and LOVE to talk about them, but honestly, if there's anyone here that can't get a good sound out of anything he sits down at, it's time to look more at yourself than the arranger...

#274766 - 11/02/09 05:16 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Never heard a pair of headphones that sound as good as geat sound system with great amp/speakers, especially on the low end.

I have both Sony 7506 and Beyerdynamics DT770's. there OK, but no comparision to the Mackies in a room with good acoustics and the EQ set to match.

Lee S.

#274767 - 11/02/09 05:26 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
if there's anyone here that can't get a good sound out of anything he sits down at, it's time to look more at yourself than the arranger...

#274768 - 11/02/09 07:22 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Jose Pereira:
Hi Machetero

I heard a lot of styles from the link you mentioned. There´s several funk and jazz styles that I liked, but as always, al the juice came at the intros, during the styles they become so boring static... and I still heard very weak sounds... Definitely I don`t like the korgs, sorry.
Machetero, dominicano? la gente del melao!!
A mi me llamaban "El portu merenguero" porque mi fuerte es el ritmo de merengue. Hice muchas grabaciones y arreglos en ese estilo. Tengo algunas muestras aqui si quieres escuchar www.jomartinspiano.blogspot.com

Y Gracias de nuevo
Jo

Well if someone like Jose Pereira or whoever say that Korg sound weak then yes there is something wrong with his ears or headphones or speakers. I quess all the professionals in the world use korg synthesizers because they sound so weak.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online